Coke: making me feel loved

I'm sure many of you have already seen the fantastic Coca-Cola campaign - coke, diet coke and coke zero bottles inviting you to 'Share a Coke with [insert name]'. This campaign, which shows bottles with 150 of the UK's most popular first names branded on them, is to encourage people to share the drink with their loved ones and enjoy it with friends.

I have to say, I felt very special when my friend took this photo and sent it to me:


Such a brilliant idea that pushes both sales and consumer emotion. I rarely buy Coke but if I happen to see one with a friend's name on it, I will buy it for them. It's such a tiny gesture which appeals to people in a massive way.

This campaign works great socially. If your name isn't one of the top 150, don't fret, you can create your own virtual can on Facebook and still make someone feel special. It encourages thousands of people to take photos and pose with their bottles, share images and tag photos - they'll just do the work for you (!)

It is currently Coca-Cola's 125th anniversary so I'll share this fun fact infographic about Coke that I got from their site because I appreciate them putting ME on their bottles. I also appreciate that my parents decided against naming me Scarlet or India otherwise I may have never achieved my dream of being on the side of a double decker bus.







Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies