10,000 blog views oh yeaahhhh

It's a Sunday/Bank Holiday so I will take a day off from brain activity. However, I did want to have a post just celebrating my achievement of 10,000 blog views!

I started this blog in July 2011 and it has been a great platform for me to speak, show my work and motivate myself. When I first thought of getting a blog I thought perhaps it was too late to start, but my friend told me to just get on with it rather than waste time worrying about whether I should have one or not.

STATS! 

  • In the past 23 months I have written 85 posts. 
  • The top-read posts of all time have been 'Disney's Top Hottest Males'- 471 views, 'Facebook Funnies' - 321 views, Pussy is for Women' - 270 views, and 'Chelsea FC's new kit ad' - 175 views.
  • Most of my audience have been from the UK totalling at 5494 views, closely followed by the US who made up 2228 of the views. Other random places my blog has been viewed are Germany, Russia, France, Latvia, Italy and Canada. 
  • 48% of people viewed my blog on a Windows, 25% viewed it on a Mac, and 15% on an iPhone. with Firefox and Chrome being the browsers of choice.
  • Most of my traffic came from Google, followed by Facebook, Twitter, and my Single Creatives profile, although I had a lot of links to my blog from very random sites such as Film Hill and On Time Marketing. 
  • The most popular keywords typed in Google that made my blog appear in search results are 'embarrassing nightclub photos', 'robin hood disney' and 'jaguar drawing'

So there we have it! If anyone is thinking of starting a blog/website then stop thinking about it and just do it. It's easy to build (although I would recommend Wordpress over Blogspot) and it's easy to track your progress.
I am thinking of writing a post soon about how to build a website as I know all the help forums are not helpful whatsoever. I will explain it in the most basic way and it will hopefully make the prospect of building a website seem like less effort and a lot less daunting - hopefully I'll help you get to 10,000 views too!

Happy Days!

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies