Chelsea FC's stunning new kit ad

Thanks to my dad and sister being hardcore Chelsea fans, I was introduced to a football advert which I doubt I would have come across on my own. (As you read on, please excuse my ignorance about football!)

Each year the Premiership teams have their kit redesigned and these new kits are advertised to the public at the end of each season (May). However, the ads for the new kits are always a mysterious and blurry teaser; a partial revealing that gets footie fans already reaching for their wallets.
I'm going to talk about Chelsea's in particular, not just because I have to support them (or I will be disowned), but also because it's actually a great ad!



The Adidas ad shows Juan Mata, David Luiz, Gary Cahill and club captain John Terry all being drenched in thick blue paint that is seeping from lockers, creeping across the floor, and exploding in their faces. The whole process is beautiful to watch, as the paint movement in slow motion looks brilliant. The players look totally immersed in the process; they look powerful, passionate and dedicated... you can see they live and breathe Chelsea.



The tagline: 'It's Blue, What Else Matters?', sums it up perfectly. Any true supporter of his team wouldn't care if the new kit was a bin bag as long as it represented the spirit of the team and, since Chelsea preach that 'Blue is the colour' in their most popular song, blue seems to be fundamental to the team and their kit. 

I found out that the changes to the kits are actually very small, perhaps a new stripe or a different shaped collar - which seems a bit pointless to a non footie fan like me - but then again, customers are going to buy the new merchandise without question despite the minor changes... Just like Apple! 

Anyway, here is the ad in it's full glory. I think it's fantastic and makes me like Chelsea a lot more. (Watch it in full screen!)




Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies