Quick n Easy Lichtenstein Comic Girl Make Up

Last night I went to the Coronet Theatre's A Danse Macabre Ball as the Lichtenshtein comic book Crying Girl. For those who aren't familiar, this is her:



And so this is what I looked like.



I know there are probably 1000 tutorials on this already but fancied doing my own as I find make up tutorials can be quite annoying for two main reasons.
1) Video bloggers love the sound of their own voice and ramble for an 18 minute clip that could easily be under 5.
2) You are expected to use a range of different sized brushes and palettes of 24 shades from Mac to achieve your look.

So, start with your face. Perhaps with an apprehensive expression that shows you hope this goes smoothly.


Hair first as always. I pinned back the longer bit of my hair first so it looked like I had short hair, then pinned down the front as colour spray works best on hair that is secure and already in place. (Nightmare to style hair after you have sprayed it)


Then get some Snazzaro black paint and your average small paint brush and draw around these parts of your face; hairline, jawline, cheekbones, eyebrows, lips and nose. Don't forget expression lines and the teary blob to make yourself look a bit sad.

Get a pink lip liner and start dotting. Start from the top corner of your face and go diagonally down across, this just helps keep it even.


Get some white paint (I actually used real paint as it is brighter) and highlight your lips, nose tip, under the eyes, and the teary blob to give that blobby sheen.



Don't forget to dot all your visible skin as it looks better, and to outline your collarbone and cleavage (reow). Get a sponge and put some black down your neck to create a cartoony shadow and add some depth to your face. 

I had to tie all of my hair back in the end as the yellow spray gave up on me towards the end which is a shame but teaches me to always over-spend on the spray when you have a monstrous amount of hair.

Go over your black outlines again to freshen it up and paint a parting in your hair to make it look drawn on. Make sure you do your ears too. I used a black felt tip for this. 

Get some white card and cut it out into a quotation bubble, write your exclamations in black marker and you're done!



Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies