Saatchi&Saatchi Scholarship 2012 brief 4...

Skype Interview.

I'm not going to reveal anything I was asked in the interview, just incase it's not allowed, but I thought I'd at least show you what I did.

The brief was to read another candidates' CV, and then do a 3 minute presentation to the interviewers, explaining why that person is perfect for the job. Not only that, but we had to present it in an imaginative, fun way. I decided to go for an Apprentice Boardroom theme, with me pretending to be my candidate, presenting my case on why "I" should be hired, from across the table.

So I started with answering the call with me not in shot, and playing the Apprentice theme tune very loudly.


I came on with a wheely suitcase, sat down, and launched straight into my presentation about "me".


After the 3 minutes, they had questions for 'Laura', so I took my hair down in a dramatic and cheesy character change fashion, and started answering their questions for me.
It was nerve-wracking but fun, and they were all very encouraging and nice. I did the best I could and it could go either way... either way, it was great getting this far. Although hopefully I will be taking my wheely suitcase to Saatchi.


Update 17/5: Well, I got through that stage. Hurrah! I was in the final 24! Out of 3000! I had my interview last Thursday and have to keep it all very hush hush. It was interesting and nerve-wracking. And that's all I can say about that.
I left the interview feeling low, I felt I didn't get to show my true personality, I didn't get to say everything I'd wanted to say and how I felt about advertising, I didn't 'wow' them. I was fairly confident I would get a rejection call, but kept hoping that maybe all my other stuff I did for the briefs would balance that out. 
Sadly not. I got a lovely call saying thank you and sorry. I shan't be disheartened, I've added the achievement of getting so far onto my CV and have applied for more jobs today.

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies