Top 3 super Superbowl ads!

Another year, another half time performance, another winner, another bunch of British people staying up til 4am pretending to care about American Football. Gooooo Patriots!

I'm here for one thing and one thing only - to tell you my Top 3 Superbowl 2015 ads (and one awful one).
They've paid $4.5 million for the pleasure of 30 seconds airtime, so it's only fair I blog ya know.



Ad that SUCKED

So, there was a shit fast food one with Snoop Dogg, (I mean.. moneysupermarket, happy socks.... by God man, have some PRIDE.), then there was a depressing one from Nationwide Life Insurance about dead children, and there was one for some burger company with lots of hot naked women rolling around, but I will pick one I think was a genuine waste of air time.

Geico is a car insurance company, so what better way to spend £4.5million than getting a decrepit Salt'N'Pepa to mime 'Push It' whilst people push things.  

(click to watch ad)

Like why? WHY? Who thought that would be a good idea for a car insurance advert? Makes me sad that all that money went on this.

please get out of my life


#3. BMW
I made it a top 3 so I had to be strict and leave out some goodies such as Victoria Secret, Always, Esurance, and many lovely heart-string tuggers and stories about great dads. 
But this particular one for BMW I thought was cool because of how it started.

It begins with a real TV clip from 1994 where two TV presenters are talking about this weird thing called the 'internet' and can't decide what '@' means. Fast forward to 2015 and two people are kind of confused about this new kind of i3 electric BMW. Here comes the tag line 'Big ideas take a little getting used to', and ends with the hashtag #HelloFuture. So good.

(click to watch ad)


#2. DORITOS

For 8 years now, Doritos have been letting the public make their own ads for Doritos in return for a million quid and a spot on the Super Bowl ad breaks. 'Crash The Super Bowl' competition got nearly 5000 entries this year and the winner was picked by public vote. There were some brilliant ads made by the public - so many funny ones which is a shame because I personally thought a lot of the finalists were funnier than the winners. If you want to see them click here.

However the winner was pretty good, and this ad gets my vote at number 2 purely because I think it's cool it was made by a member of the public.

(click to watch ad)


#1. SNICKERS

I love love love the 'You're Not You When You're Hungry' ads - they are so funny whilst relating to anyone who's mood changes when they are hungry (everyone). If you're not familiar with the previous Snickers ads by AMV BBDO, I did a post on them a while ago - check it out here.

This particular one features Steve Buscemi and Danny Trejo - who both famously play villains and criminal characters (have to just state that for non-film fans!)
Set as an old Brady Bunch movie, we see Danny as a hungry Marsha Brady, and a hungry Jan is represented by Steve. 

(click here to watch ad)

When an ad make me laugh out loud, want to watch it again, and want to eat the product, I think that's probably a winner.

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies