Stop ruining songs!

At the risk of sounding like I use my blog to just rant about ads that annoy me... I need to get this off my chest.

Has anyone else noticed the increase in ads which use old hip hop classics?

First, Money Supermarket and their bizarre Snoop Dogg partnership. This ad never bothered me much until I was about to get down to 'What's My Name?' in the car, when my sister immediately changed the song and said that she couldn't enjoy it now because it reminded her of 'You're So Money Supermarket'! Such a thoughtless ad, ruining a great song for my sister and most likely the nation.

Twat

A one off? Well no. Because suddenly comes along a mankini-wearing gnome, exposing himself to one of my all-time faves, 'Mr Boombastic'.


They have called this paedophilic gnome Gavin, in hope of making him some kind of fun spokesperson for the brand. Fine, I don't even have time to go into the pointlessness of this disturbing ad: I'll never be able to enjoy Shaggy in the same way again.

Put away those fiery biscuits, Gavin

You're probably thinking this is the most outraged I'd ever be right?
Well, what pushed me right over the edge into the depths of this blog post, was this advert for Shreddies...


They have not only murdered an absolute classic, Montell Jordan's 'This is How We Do It', but also dismembered it, marinated it in acid, set fire to the remains and poured the ashes into hell.

So maybe a little dramatic... but why Shreddies? Why old ladies? Why that song? Nothing fits in this advert and actually, when I first watched it I thought it was for fabric softener, as the ad seems to feature a lot of upholstery and bedding....

The common denominator in all these ads is that they are not massively 'cool' brands. However, they have all tried to be cool by playing cool songs whilst showing uncool things?

I don't feel like any of them really focused on what makes their brands so great, but instead distract us with nudity, pimps and Rolf Harris statuettes... oh, and ruin songs.

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies