Back to the drawing board

Last night I attended a life drawing class purely because I am trying to exercise my inner creativity and do something productively fun with my evenings.

It was at the Baby Bathhouse in Stoke Newington, which is this very cool gothic, Victorian inspired bar. The class was held downstairs so we walked through a narrow cobbled walkway and down a steep staircase into a sort of cave, draped with purple velvet and lit with only prayer candles and a naughty red glow from installations in the walls. I felt I was in for a night of debauchery. Materials were provided for this 2 hour long class, and it was only £3! It was very relaxed and no one was there to tell or teach us how to draw, we could just draw however we wanted. I haven't done life drawing in a while and so I had to hold back my giggle when the model stripped off completely and started off with an open leg pose - it was then that I regretted sitting on the floor at the front...

Paper, beer and fire - safe combination

The model performed a movement piece for 20 minutes so we sketched what we saw.



Series of different poses and 10 second sketches

20 second sketch

25 minute sketch

It's nice to draw just for the fun of it with no pressure or anyone judging your style. I highly recommend it and, with the promise of burlesque models and talents, I will definitely go again.

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies