Push Pin Story

Months ago I saw McCann Ericksson in new York were offering a 3 month internship to whoever wrote the best story about this push pin


The media requirements were obscurely specific (11 photos, 743 words or less, mp3 of 3 min 39 secs etc)
If you won the internship, you'd also have the pin sent to you. I thought WHY NOT? Let's do this.

I wanted to tell a story, but not a direct 'this is what happened' story, but one you could interpret for yourself. Something that would give you a general idea of this pin's life.

I ordered a box of these pins from the US as I wanted it to be the exact same one. I went around London and took a bunch of touristy photos with the pins such as...



I made them into postcards and addressed them to the pin at McCann NYC and wrote messages on the back from the pin's 'friends' and 'family', saying they missed him and hoped to see him soon. They'd all come together to make him little postcards with a few words on each, which then made a whole sentence when put together. The idea was not really your standard story, but was more about bringing the pin to life, giving it an existence. You could maybe work out he is originally from London, has a good fun home life and is loved.

I lost confidence in my idea and assumed the deadline was over so I admittedly abandoned it because I didn't think it was clever enough to stand out. However, they contacted me and asked if I'd sent anything (amazed that they had remembered me asking for the address months ago), and they said they'd give me until the end of the week so I thought, again, why not? I finished addressing them up and sent them.

Here are the final products.









Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies