'Axe' creative brief

I received this brief several weeks ago and thought I'd give it a little shot. I watched all Axe commercials and saw all the scenarios were based around the fact that, if you wear this smell, women will show signs of mental instability and behaviour that would warrant immediate institution. Apparently this is what guys love though, which bodes well for me.


The brief was based around obsession, so I thought of things that women are generally go crazy over, ie. fashion, diets, bad boys, babies (none of which I can relate to). I thought of replacing those obsessions with the 'Axe effect'.

Example 1: Shoe sale - no women to be seen


 Example 2: Pop star concert - no women to be seen


The captions next to the Axe bottle are blank. I was thinking of something like 'Where are the women?', implying that they have all flocked to the men wearing Axe. Alternatively, there could be no Axe bottle, just these situations with no clue to the product, with only the line 'Where are the women?' This could turn into a series of print and TV ads that pop up asking where have all the women gone. Maybe I am getting ahead of myself but it could go off on many tangents or turn into a mini campaign - off the top of my head I thought of 'Find the women' competitions and challenges, looking for specific women in places or pictures inside magazines or lids of Axe spray.

Here is another example of Axe making a woman forget about one common obsession, which men can find irritating, just by smelling Axe and transferring all her attention on the man.


Focusing more on the target market (12-22 year old guys), I had an idea that I thought would appeal more to teenage boys and seem more relatable. This is a small storyboard for an ad:


We see shots and close ups of a man's shirt and a woman's hands, lots of skin and images that can't be deciphered to the background of some sexy romantic music.


Camera pulls out to reveal it's just one girl in a man's shirt, holding herself and getting turned on (nothing too obscene). Then it cuts to the boy's changing room filled with teenage boys in uniform and one undressed guy looking in his locker, which has Axe body spray in in obviously, asking his friend, 'Mate, have you seen my shirt?'

I found this idea was more what the brief asked and stuck to the obsession subject whilst sticking to the target market.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies