A Song For Your Story

So I pretty much just got back from my holiday in US which was incredible. I hopped in a people carrier with random strangers and we road tripped it from Newark to Miami, via DC, Tennessee and the Deep South.

the gang

One day in Panama City Beach it was raining so we went to see a movie, and one of the pre-show ads really caught my attention. It was for Spotify and the tagline was

'You have the story, we have the song'.

The ad shows Jason telling us about when he got fired from his job and handled it like a rockstar thanks to Whitesnake's 'Here I Go Again'. Check it out: 


You'll see at the end of the ad is the hashtag #ThatSongWhen. This is just the beginning of Spotify's new campaign which encourages viewers to share their memories where music played a pivotal role. 

The aim is that this will drive conversation, evoke emotion, and thus result in people signing up to Spotify over other more popular US music streaming platforms such as Pandora and iTunes Radio.

I think it's safe to say that everyone has one, if not hundreds, of songs that stir up nostalgia or connects them back to a specific moment in time. Spotify have created the hashtag so you can share your stories with the world. Here are a few examples of what they've had so far.







It was weird for me to see this campaign whilst on a trip I had been dreaming about for years. Ever since I first developed these itchy feet to drive around and explore America, whenever I heard a chillout house tune I'd imagine driving down long stretches of asphalt, my hair blowing in the wind and the sun setting on my face. There are definitely a few songs that were the soundtrack to my trip, songs which will ensure I never forget the amazing experience.


I hope Spotify do well out of this campaign as it's a great idea, despite the bad rep they've obtained. Just to end, here is another one of their ads which is really sweet. #ThatSongWhen nine-year old Mikey put everything on the line to win the heart of his playground crush.

(waiting for a song to come on the radio to press record on the tape player. Classic)


Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies