Reasons to Believe

Happy New Year!

I spent my New Year in Paris. What a spectacularly, mind-blowingly, awesomely... shit idea. They don't do countdowns, fireworks or sing Auld Lang Syne. In true British fashion, I silently grumbled and shuffled off. I may do a blog post on the highs and lows of Paris eventually as I'd love to try and put the Moulin Rouge experience into words - attempting something more detailed than 'very camp'.

Anyway, my first post of 2014 is unfortunately one of my employer's competitors, Coca Cola.

I only spotted their new ad last night so forgive my tardiness. If you haven't seen it take a look below with the volume up.


This ad is part of their 'Reasons to Believe' campaign, a campaign that has already run successfully in 70 other countries. I loved the gritty feel to the ad, using news clips and real footage. Brid Drohan-Stewart, Marketing Activation Director says, "This campaign takes us back to the heartland of what our brand has always stood for – talking to people on an emotional level about topics that are relevant to them and spreading happiness and optimism." The ad definitely made me feel optimistic and made me want read more about the campaign.

I searched their hashtag, #ReasonsToBelieve, to see what kind of response it has, and it's mainly people using the hashtag to say how much they love/hate the ad. I'm unsure to what Coke want people to with the hashtag; is it for people to share their stories of hope and spread the optimism? I expect the social element is for the public to get involved by tweeting their own 'reasons to believe' in a better world. On Instagram the hashtag has over 500 photos, most of which are inspiring images and quotes. However, for those people who don't take too much notice of ads, I think the call to actions needs to be clearer as the potential for engagement is huge.

 It's a powerful message, great campaign, and I look forward to seeing what else they have planned this year.





Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies