Brightest and Best

For the past couple of weeks I have been an assistant designer on a show, Brightest and Best. My friend from my Central St Martins course, Alison McDowall, is a very talented set and costume designer who is racking up an impressive portfolio of shows.

I got to drive around a white transit van which we hired, who we named Tina, to ferry props back and forth from the theatre space whilst honking at sexy ladies. It is a lo/no-budget show so it was mainly what we could beg/borrow/steal. We lifted, painted, stapled, hammered, ate, laughed and decorated. I also filmed and edited. I thought I may as well document my days there and the progress of building the set from a small stage at the back of the Half Moon pub in Herne Hill, to a trendy flat/school/bar.

Here is the time lapse:





I really enjoyed working on the play, I like projects that have something to show for it at the end. Also, it was cool to go back to my theatre design roots (after abandoning it after gaining my 2:1 at Uni), but making this video was definitely more my thing. Oh, and go see the show! www.ticketweb.co.uk

Comments

Popular Posts

Self-promotional Charity

Disney's top hottest males

Facebook Funnies